School of Rock- Day 4- Harmony

School of Rock – Day 4 – Harmony Basics

SUMMARY

Knowing what harmony is and that is a very early kind of music. Quizlet flashcards are helpfull to get to know th different notes and where they are located on the music staff.

CLASSROOM

-harmony is a more mystical side of music

-harmony can seem to bee beyond our everyday experiance of music

-harmony is one of the earliest types of music

LAB

the activity was good. I wrote some chords. It was pretty straight forward on what I had to do.

PRACTICE ROOM

These exersizes are working very good, I am so close to memorizing the notes on the frets. I am slowly getting better at getting to know these note names.

OUTSIDE / JOURNAL / IDEAS

Mr. Le Duc’s Key of C Major Notes and Chords Chart (PDF)

STUDIO

Watch this informative video by Jake Lizzio. Experiment with notes on your guitar and try playing along with him. If you cannot do this play just the C note or chord every time he plays it.

I couldn’t play anything much along with Jake Lizzio. I am still very much learning how to play the guitar, it is very new to me.

CONTROL ROOM

Tune your guitar. Try recording two tracks of guitar.  One with the single notes like Jake Lizzio showed you above and a second with the lower C bass notes to make a simple progression. Remember two notes playing at the same time is harmonyKeep it simple.  Refer to your Quizlet Guitar Strings / Notes Flashcards if you need help remembering the guitar notes on the first three frets. Set a timer. Stop playing before you feel like Chewbacca below.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

Tell your daily story here!  Highlight what you learned and enjoyed most. Problem-solving is one of the most important skills you need in life. Employers want to know HOW you get stuff done as much as WHAT you got done.

I learned that harmony is seen as a more mystical magical part of music. I really enjoyed playing guitar and using Hookpad.